SEO, short for Search Engine Optimization. To give it to you in the most simplest definition of what Search Engine Optimization is. SEO is an activity that involves improving search engine rankings so to draw traffic to your website.
It is a process and … for me and Pure Media Marketing … SEO is no joke when it comes knowing how use it effectively. EVERYBODY is all of sudden, these days, an SEO expert. EVERYBODY is a SEO Marketer. EVERYBODY knows that secret to getting Google™ to rank you on the first page! BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!
What SEO is NOT.
- SEO is NOT a magic pill to get rich fast by typing a bunch keywords on web page.
- SEO is NOT relying on SEO to build your business.
- SEO is NOT a guarantee that you’ll be on the first page.
- SEO does NOT happen overnight.
- SEO is NOT the all end answer to a successful business.
The answer to a successful business is YOU and your marketing strategy. Is SEO important for your website? Oh yeah, it sure is. I would dare say that SEO is the most important part of your marketing strategy when it comes to content on your website. To be successful WITH SEO is rich, relevant, and readable content.
My top 4 methods to be successful at SEO
- Think like Google™. Truth is … Google™ rules search, they invented it, created it, and maintain it. BING, Yahoo, AOL, and every other search engine follows suit. Each has it’s own set of guidelines for ranking but it not far off from Google™. Google™ changes the rules of search all the time because … well … they can! I do like that they keep it a fair playing ground. If you cheat they will de-rank you. What we do at Pure Media Marketing is just follow the steps, advise, and methods that Google™ gives so that we and our clients will rank with best possible chance. Yes, we play by the rules.
- Planning and Research. Yup before we start on a new website we sit with the client and ask one question (well, a couple of questions but the first one is our most important), “What is your purpose?” What are you goals and desires as a business? Then, “Who is your target audience?” What kind of demographic you want walking through your doors or calling you? Then, “What do you want people know about you when they land on your website?” These are such important questions because you’ll have a good road map. Followed by good keyword research of words and phrases that people use to search for your products or services. We takes the time for planning and research.
- CONTENT … yes, content. Good content. Rich content. Relevant content. Content that people can understand by reading your content. Google™ is HUGE, BIG, AND … HUGE on content, if they can’t understand who or what you are by your content they will feel neither will the searcher so you will not rank. Keeping your content fresh, it’s good to change out your content whenever you can. At Pure Media Marketing we can help with content or help improve your current content.
- Maintenance. Yes maintaining your SEO and keeping it up to date with the technology is crucial … important … vital … to staying current and not losing your presence on the internet.